06 August, 2011
15 July, 2011
24 June, 2011
02 April, 2011
13 February, 2011
29 November, 2010
13 June, 2010
12 June, 2010
21 April, 2010
01 January, 2010
I am a very eccentric person, and have quite a few quirks. Following are a few of them -
1. I re-read all novels that I have. My reading speed is kind of fast, and I tend to skip through lines at times. So, everytime I read a book again, I find something new. Also, did not have a lot of options when I was a kid as I grew up in a small city with no proper library, and the school library did not have a huge collection as well. So, I had to always repeat books. I also usually read the last chapter of a novel first.
2. I hate very clean places. I find them kind of unnatural. Does not mean that I like garbage piles n stuff, but if everything is sparkling clean then I feel as if I do not belong there.
3. I hate wearing sandals. This arises from the fact that my Dad prefers them, and was always telling me to wear them as well. And I have always been a rebel when it comes to obeying him on how to dress, behave, and the likes.
4. I do not like to sleep unless my eyes are drooling and closing with exhaustation.
5. I am a night owl, again because my father wanted me to do the reverse. College only solidified this behaviour pattern.
6. I am very openionated about certain things.
7. I dislike the fact that my face shows what is going through my mind.
8. I do not know what I want from life, but am pretty sure that this is not it. This uncertainity and undeciveness is what is killing me.
9. I believe in first impressions, though I do not judge a person by his/her clothes, manners, or any other “expected” criteria. My judgement of a person is on very vague terms, and I usually try to sense whether the person infront of me is likeable or not. The perspective is always mine, and I can never define what I look for.
10. Usually I prefer to keep to myself, specially when in the company of new people. But once I get to know a person, I am the exact opposite.
11. I used to beat my younger sister and brother a lot when a kid. Then one day, I stopped. I don’t think I can ever hit them again. I love them too much to do so.
12. I always missed the presense of an elder brother in my life, and still do. I just hope my siblings never say the same.
13. I have this habit of fast viewing a movie. I keep forwarding the movie and finish it in 10-15 minutes. Then I sit back and watch it in full.
14. I love history and historical places, specially ruins. Where other people see broken walls, I see the past granduer of the place infront of me. I once the whole day in Lucknow Residency building (which was destroyed during the 1857 war of independence) just reading the tomb stones and imagining the war there.
15. There was a time when I had an immovalbe belief in numerology. But gradually I realized that I was becoming a slave of that knowledge, and so I chose to ignore it.
16. I am an amatuer graphologist, and like to go through handwriting samples and doodles. I miss that in the HiTech world that I live in, though.
17. Off late I have come to realize that though all my life I tried to be as different from my father as I could, we are more alike deep down. There are a lot of his characteristics that I have inherited. Surprisingly enough, it makes me swell with pride. Though I have a difference of openion with him on a lot of things, he is one of the most admirable and genuine person I have ever met
Think this is enough for now.
This is Hashir, signing off,
Over and Out.
P.S. – Did you hear that youtube will be allowing download of 3 Idiots 12 weeks after its release. This will ofcourse be for a small price. Think the producers are trying to curb Piracy by this means, though am not sure if it will work. It also marks the entry of Google into the “Pay per View” Video business.