29 May, 2009

Some good and some bad news

Well, the best news first - My friend's mom is out of danger and on the path of total recovery. Although she has a lot of stitches on her face and a dislocated jaw, but hopefully the worst is behind us all.

And the second good news is - I have (finally) cleared the third semester of MSSE with an overall CGPA of 6.24. "What's great about this", you say. Well, for starters, my overall CGPA after 2nd semester was 5.19, and with 5.5 as minimum pass and only one semester to make amends (because in 4th semester we are awarded just a letter grade which does not count in CGPA calculation) meant that I needed minimum 6.19 in this semester to clear the course. (I actually got around 8.1 in this semester) - which goes on to prove that if I just study for some time before the exams, I can pass. (Well, who cares now. This was the last exam I am gonna write in a long long time, now that I have a PG degree from BITS to my name).

Also, after more than one and a half year in the same project, I am finally getting work that I enjoy doing and which is challenging (Hopefully this phase continues). Now if only we were shifted to NCR - and I would be a very happy man.

On the flip side, there are a lot of rumours floating around about Satyam and its surplus employees - again giving jitters to parents and friends alike. Thankfully I have nothing to worry about, and so am planning to stay here unless and until I get an offer from an organization based in NCR. So, lets see what comes of all this. All I can say right now is, don't worry guys. Keep smiling, like Reveda here is doing :).

BTW, keep praying for the speedy recovery af my friend's Mom. I know it helped.

This is Hashir, signing off

Over and out

18 comments:

Kadambari said...

Congrats for the CG! :)

And our prayers are still on..

The Pack said...

Badhaiyaan ji...badhaiyaan! where is the mithaiyaan?

And...about ur friend's Mom...the prayers will be on!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on doing so well :)
& your friends mum will be in my prayers...

Anonymous said...

Well written post....

congrats for CGP.



Raj
http://bharatmelange.blogspot.com

Vatsal Rathod said...

Hey glad to know that your friend's mother is out of danger.. and my sympathies are with you for the good grades you got :-P .. just kidding bro.. congratulations.. and I hope you keep enjoying your 'challenging' job.. but one advice.. dont let your manager know that you are enjoying it.. or else he'll give more 'challenges' to make you happier :-P ... enjoy buddy.. Happy Blogging!!!

Sameera said...

Good good!! :)

Reveda Prisha Umankshi Bhatt said...

Hi Doodler...

Good to hear about your friend's mother.... Thanks to God!

now here is a call for help....

I am writing this comment here to spread one call for help far and wide...

It is about a young guy who is fighting for his life...I read about him on http://themadmomma.wordpress.com/2009/05/30/please-help-abhishek/#comments

After reading this, I have already decided to do my bit both financially as well as in spreading the message/call for help. I too have written about him on my blog here-

http://reveda.blogspot.com/2009/05/wwwhelpabhishekcom.html

Request everyone who reads this to do your bit in this just cause...

please write on your blog and contribute too

Hashir said...

@Guys,
Thanks a lot for your prayers for my friend's mom. Keep them coming... Please.

@Kadz,
Thankyou... won't say it was difficult ;) (And hope you don't mind the nick name..)

@Deepak,
mithaiyaan yaha hyderabad me hai sire.. aa jaiye. BTW, Nafs is gonna be here next weekend. Is there any chance of you joining in?

@Choco,
Thanks :D. And, welcome back

@Raj,
thanks for dropping by and commenting. Good to know your like it :)

@Vatsal,
Sympathies accepted dude.

@Sameera,
thankyou :D

@Reveda,
sorry for replying so late. Will try to do my bit :)

Sudhir Kekre said...

Hi, sorry to hear abt the loss. my prayers are with you.
i too had some bad news.my colleague's mom has been diagnosed with cancer. it just wrenches one's heart doesnt it. another one's gf is suffering frm Chronic Progressive External Ophthalmoplegia. and shes just 23. thats life.

Hashir said...

@Sudhir,
yeah man, you are right - this is life.

精神年齢 said...

みんなの精神年齢を測定できる、メンタル年齢チェッカーで秘められた年齢がズバリわかっちゃう!かわいいあの子も実は精神年齢オバサンということも…合コンや話のネタに一度チャレンジしてみよう

メル友募集 said...

最近仕事ばかりで毎日退屈してます。そろそろ恋人欲しいです☆もう夏だし海とか行きたいな♪ k.c.0720@docomo.ne.jp 連絡待ってるよ☆

動物占い said...

あなたの性格を、動物に例えて占っちゃいます。もしかしたらこんな動物かも!?動物占いをうまく使って、楽しい人間関係を築いてください

家出 said...

家出中の女性や泊まる所が無い女性達がネットカフェなどで、飲み放題のドリンクで空腹を満たす生活を送っています。当サイトはそんな女性達をサポートしたいという人たちと困っている女性たちの為のサイトです

セレブラブ said...

セレブ女性との割り切りお付き合いで大金を稼いでみませんか?女性に癒しと快楽、男性に謝礼とお互い満たしあえる当サイト、セレブラブはあなたの登録をお待ちしております。

夏フェス!! said...

夏フェス一緒に行ってくれる人募集!!夏の思い出一緒につくろぉ☆ megumi-0830@docomo.ne.jp 連絡してね♪

無料ゲーム said...

あなたのゲーマー度を無料ゲーム感覚で測定します。15個の質問に答えるだけの簡単測定で一度遊んでみませんか?ゲームが得意な人もそうでない人もぜひどうぞ。

素人 said...

Hな女性たちは素人ホストを自宅やホテルに呼び、ひとときの癒しを求めていらっしゃいます。当サイトでは男性ホスト様の人員が不足しており、一日3~4人の女性の相手をするホストもおられます。興味を持たれた方は当サイトにぜひお越しください