04 June, 2009

Random Thoughts

As I sit here with sunlight pouring through my window, all I can think of is how I am going to survive today. You see, the problem is that I have not slept well for the past one week or so. And the crowning glory is that I was unable to sleep even a wink tonight, which means I have been awake for close to 24 hours now. My eyes feel as if they weigh a ton and all I can think of right now is to complete the component I have been developing and run away from office ASAP.

On another note, since my MS is almost complete, I have decided to look for a new job. The only catch is that I want to shift to NCR as am tired of staying so far from home. Lets see what comes up with this :). Pray for me, will ya.

This weekend is going to be special for me as I am going to meet a few blog friends of mine for the first time. We all blog actively on the Satyam blog space - but have somehow never met till now. And now one of my friends is coming from Chennai to meet us here :D. Sounds interesting doesn't it :). The only problem is - as happens with all the programs - we do not have any specific plan except that we are going to meet other bloggers. We planned to catch Angels and Demons at iMax, but could not get the tickets :(.

The thing with blogging is that you tend to forge friendship with people that you have never met or talked to. And since you tend to share a lot about yourself with others (sometimes without realizing this), they know a lot about the real you. So, that initial ackwardness is missing and the conversation really flows.

On the work front, there are plans to shift the location from where my project operates. The new location will be very far from where I stay right now, so am not sure on what I will do when this happens. (The new office will most probably be in a SEZ - far from the city). But am not worried about that as of now - what will happen will happen, there is no point in pondering over it now.

I know this seems like a jumbled post, but the thing is that am suffering from some sort of a writer's block (not that I write well ;)), just like Zeba here. So I decided to write what ever comes to mind - and this is the result.

For now, this is Hashir, signing off

Over and out

12 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Oh yes. I know what u mean by forging friendships with people you have never met! Important thing is minds have already met.
Have fun at the bloggers meet!
Thank you for commenting and letting me know you enjoyed it.
Cheers
preeti

Hashir said...

@Preeti,
yeps, I agree - the important thing is that the minds have already met.
Thanks for dropping by and commenting
cheers

Vatsal Rathod said...

Man this is a really nicely written post indeed, and especially you wrote it even when your eyes weigh a ton. In my full consciousness also I cant write better than this ;-)... and what is tha plan yaar.. do let me know ASAP.. and you're 100% bang on target about the friendship developped online or on Blogosphere (as we nicknamed our Satyam Blogs :-)..).. All the best for the job trial buddy.. take care.. see ya soon :-)

Bhatt, Alok said...

Hashir- you need to send me your CV.......have told you earlier too

Zeba said...

Yay! I saw my name here so this is definately THE BEST post u have written!

Hashir said...

@Vatsal,
thanks bro.. Although it does not even come near your latest :).
Plan ka ab kya bole.. we already met in d evening :D.
See ya at lunch tomorrow buddy

@Alok,
I totally remember that, and the only reason I did not send it till now was because was not sure if it is affective. Will send it to you today, pakka.

@Zeba,
thanks for dropping by :). Waise was it the best just because your name is mentioned or because it is also written well ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh bloggers meet...wow! I wish I have a get together with my school friends, the old-students-meet :-P!
Anyways, have fun!!
Hah, and sleep well! You surely should not be looking tired for your bloggers meet! :-)

Hashir said...

@Ramya,
Don't just wish... go ahead n organize one :)
waise we did have fun... will write about it soon :D

Zeba said...

Both both. Aap bhi kya yaad rakhoge! Hehe. How did the meeting go?

Anonymous said...

Hi Hashir,
First time visitor here. The writer's blog part caught my eye, as I've been suffering from the same :-) Wonder whats going on! Some kind of epidemic of sorts, eh?

Hashir said...

@Zeba,
thnx.... the meet was real good. time really flows by when you meet friends :)

Hashir said...

@Aswini,
Thanks for dropping by.... yeah it seems that it is an epidemic of sorts. Hope we all overcome it soon :)