26 June, 2009

I like odds. They help me get even

Success has no address,
No landmark,
No calling card,
But the path is steep.
And some will take the elevator,
But I will take the stairs,
Some will get there faster,
But I will get there stronger.
And adversity will be my travelling companion
Because when I reach there I can turn to adversity and say, So long,
And heave the bag of taunts and insults I have gathered along the way, and scatter them to the birds.
I will miss them,
But feel lighter,
Yes
That will be the day,
When I stand by a large bay window and unclench my fist
For there will be no more odds to conquer,
Not even in the mind.

Disclaimer - The above poem was a part of the print campaign for Kawasaki Bajaj Caliber. I took permission from them to reproduce this on my blog, and all copyrights belong to them or the poet as the case may be.

This is Hashir, signing off

Over and out

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Nice..

Really Motivating
http://tandooribrain.blogspot.com/

Zeba said...

I read the poem thinking that it was yours!! BUt anyhow it is a great piece of work. Loved it.

How u doing? Long time no see!!

Hashir said...

@Cheeta,
thanks man... BTW - you too in satyam?

Hashir said...

I can't write a poem if my life depended on it :)... but this piece surely is great.. as are the other two that I will post soon.
And have gone no where... just not in the mood to write :(

Unknown said...

@Hashir
I was in Satyam But recently Left in Rebadgging

http://tandooribrain.blogspot.com/

Hashir said...

@Cheeta,
good for you in a way.. atleast you are not going through whatever is happening here ;)

Arjun Siva said...

Hey Hashir - would you happen to have the print ad that this was taken from?
Arjun_Siva (yep - am a satyamite)

Hashir said...

@Arjun,
Sorry man... don't have the print ad. Had noted down these when the ads came.... but if you get them, please share with me too :)