27 February, 2009

An exam, and disappointment

Well, I gave the paper for NIC this Sunday. And as expected, it did not go well. There are plenty of reasons for this, and following are the main excuses I have for this - 

  1. The paper was setup on B.Tech subjects. I have not opened those books in 2 and a half years, so this was expected.
  2. Was really bogged down with work, and so could not devote time to study.
However, the truth is that I did not open the books even when I had time to do so. Maybe I had made up my mind in that I could not go through the huge course in such a short span of time, and so I did not even try.

Any ways, since I was already expecting a real bad performance, I was not at all disappointed with my bad show. The disappointment I am talking about was in the voice of my younger sister. I told her that I had appeared in the exam, and her first question was - "So now you will come home!!" And when I told her that the paper did not go well, I could literally see her disappointment in me, inspite of her being miles away from me. I really felt sad in breaking her hopes, but then such is life.

Any ways, now I am back to the good old work schedule, deadlines, and mistakes. I am planning to host my own blog site before long, and am trying to learn the basics of CSS and refresh my knowledge of PHP. Once I feel confident enough, will be getting my own space on the internet. Watch space for more information. Till then....

This is Hashir, signing off,

Over and out

8 comments:

Vamsi said...

@hashir guess this was ur MS from bits vaaala exam ???

Hashir said...

@Vamsi,
no bro, this was the exam for National Informatics Center

Bhatt, Alok said...

I wanted to wish u best for your exams....anyways....I wish you best for all your exams endeavours...
take care

Hashir said...

@Alok,
thanks buddy!!

Rahul Nair said...

haha... not a new news for guys who passed out years before like us.. is it?
I dont even feel like studying now.. hehe...
I also wrote the gate and had a near smilar experiance...
i htoo have posted it on my blog...

http://www.rahulsnair.com/2009/02/how-to-wield-success-at-gate.html

Have a look when u r free... i would say its a copy of ur post.. hehe...

Hashir said...

@Rahul,
yeah you are right. we oldies can not study even if our life depended on it.

R said...

Same here. Even I'm in two minds about writing the GATE. I love to learn but being a student (formal education) bores me.

best of luck for your endeavour to host your own domain.

Hashir said...

@Julia,
Well, the thought of formal education seems boring to me, although I am pursuing my MS from BITS (Executive course which is offered in collaboration with Satyam). Would love to do P.hD. in Automata and/or Compiler design though. Lets see what happens in future