14 March, 2009

I want to vote

Well, to tell you the truth, I did not believe in voting - simply because I thought that the processs of elections is only to choose who will rob us for the next 5 years. But, lately, I have had a bit of a transformation, and now I want to cast my vote.

The change is in part due to the "jagore" campaign, and also because I finally got my voter's ID card made. And now, I find that I can not cast my vote, because I will not be in my city when the election is held there - I will be in Hyderabad - where I am not registered as a voter.

Makes me think, a lot of us are away from home, and some are also abroad. Shouldn't there be a mechanism for us to cast our vote irrespective of where we are. Maybe we can have an online poll, where you can login using your Voter ID number, and also a security question whose answer is difficult to guess, and then cast our vote on the date of election at home.

Don't really know if there is any option for people away from their home to cast their votes. If anyone knows of anything, please do tell me.

Before signing out, I would like you people to check out the video of "Shutup and Vote", the anthem of the jagore campaign.






This is Hashir, signing off.... (and hoping that everyone who has the chance to vote, does so).

Over and out

4 comments:

Reveda Prisha Umankshi Bhatt said...

Congrats for winning the blogger of the day award.....you write with the heart......

I guess you are write about the need to vote as it is all about the future of kids like me or Alzana.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Hashir,
Stopped by to check out your wonderful blog. Congrats on winning the BOTD award.

BTW you could cast your vote by POST. Should check that out...dont recollect where i read that.

Hashir said...

@Reveda,
Thankyou for appreciating. :)
And yes, we need to vote not only to preserve our present but also to improve the future - something we owe to kids like you and Anzalna
Regards,
Hashir

Hashir said...

@Swapna,
Thankyou....
Am not sure about casting of votes by post. As far as I know, this facility is available only for people in defense services. Will surely check it out