22 March, 2009

The Rozabal Line - A review

I happen to be a real bookaholic, but due to increased work pressure over the last few weeks I was unable to get myself to read any new book (although I have quite a few waiting to be read).

Finally, yesterday, decided to get down to reading and finish the backlog, so that I do not feel guilty when purchasing a new one :).

So, checked out my cabinet to find what all novels were not read (am really into fiction), and decided to start with The Rozabal Line. And, after having finished reading it, I am happy that I started with it. Following is my excuse of a book review (I have never done this, although we do discuss books and give our comments, but a book review - never)!

The book actually starts from where The DaVinci Code left. It builds upon the legend of Jesus Christ, and works on the lines that Jesus survived his crusification, travelled to Kashmir in India, and died there - and that his bloodline still survives. Parallel to this runs the story of a fictional spin off of the LeT, an unholy allaince between the 13 and the Crux Decussata Permuta, and the Illumanati which opposes the Church for their own selfish reasons, and ofcourse, the great Feminism.

The book is well paced, and flows smoothly from one age to the other - gripping the reader and taking him for a ride in the myraid world of conspiracies, controvercies, secret, and intregue - till you are ready to beileve in anything. the author then slams the killer punch, and makes you reorganize your perceptions and beliefs.

In short, a must read book. I would give it a 4 out of 5.

Will be back with more reviews. Do give your comments on this review - as this is the first time I am writing one. Till then,

This is Hashir, signing off

Over and out

7 comments:

R said...

I had found The Da Vinci Code lame. It was racy but still didn't like it. Lets see if this one is good. Thanks for the review.

Hashir said...

@Julia,
I liked Da Vinci Code because of the usage of cryptography. Otherwise it was just an average read

lafemmereva said...

guys, is it just me because I thought I liked angles and demons more than da vinci code!

Hashir said...

@lafemmereva,
no it is not just you. I too liked AnD more than DaVinci code.

lafemmereva said...

i knew it!!! :) BTW i need to get my hands on this book!! see what it has to say!!!

Hashir said...

@Reva,
do it. You won't be disappointed.

Kavitha said...

Hmmm....Yes, this book is all that you have said...!!

I am still reading it and wondering about the coincendences and revelations that book is offering.

If that wasn't enough I was just wondering, should I recheck my previous births and I suddenly see patterns...! Heavens!! :)