15 July, 2009

Am going mad

Am going mad guys. No work to do, no improvement in the kind of work I have been getting for the last couple of years, no challenges to look forward to, in short - life right now S**KS man.

For the past couple of days have nothing to do. Also, slowly the realization is sinking in that I am kind of loosing my technical skills. My aptitude is still good, and so is QA - but I am somehow getting the feeling that I am forgetting a lot of things I used to know. Seems to me that I am gradually turning into my own worst nightmare.

Things at the home front have been kind of bad for the last couple of weeks or so - and there is not even a silver lining in sight.

Have been quite far from my cheery self - which is troubling my friends here. The worst part is - I can not tell them the real reason behind my disposition. So, all thoughts are going around in my mind and there is no outlet in sight. God! I want to just leave everything behind and run away from all this maddening stuff. But then another part of me tells me to stand up and fight like a man, but am tired of doing so day in and day out. All I need is that silver lining, that hint of sunlight in the fog I am ingulfed in - and I will find my will to fight back - and fight back with a vengance. Am still searching.....

This is Hashir, signning off

Over and out

15 comments:

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Hi Hashir - I read your post and experienced - amazement at your honesty and trust and empathy because I've been where you have been at a few points in my life. Just remember that you are a Giant and you will see this phase through - because that's all it is - a phase. You're welcome to chat anytime you want - corinne.rodrigues@gmail.com
See you and take care.
Corinne

Reveda Prisha Umankshi Bhatt said...

Boss: I don't expect u to cave in so easily...one suggestion I have for u is to take care of your sleep pattern as everything you are feeling currently is a derivative of that.....

And whenever u r down, see that laughing video of my daughter....you will have smile back on ur face and confidence as well!

Hashir said...

@Corinne,
thanks for the encouraging words :). I have added you on gtalk - my id is hashir.tufail.

Hashir said...

@Alok,
am sorry for disappointing you :(.
I will try to change my sleeping patterns a bit. And yes, the video does help :D

The Pack said...

Dude! Just a passing phase...chillax!!

Aparna said...

We all feel like that from time to time, it will pass. Keep writing, it can be a catharsis.
You have a great blog.Will be back for more.

Sameera said...

This too shal pass.. Keep your cool.. take a break from home and work. I mean it.. It helps.

All the best!

Hashir said...

@Deepak,
thanks bro.. hope it passes soon :)

@Aparna,
thanks for dropping by n for commenting.

@Sam,
an also thinking on the same lines. Lets see what comes of it

ekta khetan said...

Take a guitar and doodle do with the strings...Blues will be pink and peace!

Hashir said...

@Numerounity,
thanks for dropping by and commenting :)

Grayquill said...

Hmmm...the age old problem boredom and lack of purpose. Your job has become easy and you don't think it matters. We can survive in a job that does not matter for a long time as long as it's new and learning is happening at every turn. The other side of that coin is if our creativity is being utilized regularly. God created us in his image - we are created in part to create. We are fullfilled in part as we create. All good work has purpose. What is it for you?

Hashir said...

@Grayquill,
You are right in a way... There is nothing new happening as of now.

workhard said...

Hi.. Thats ok..

I guess some times one is allowed to be upset and confused.. But u know what the best part is.. if u cant say it upfront to ur friends.. u can blog about it.. I started off blogging by venting out my frustrations..


Work from home

Hashir said...

@Workhard,
well you are right... but for me the great thing is that usually I can share with both my friends and can also blog about it :)

Anu...U Chill... said...

Hi Hashir, I just came accross ur blog, and, if it meakes a difference, I too am facing the same thoughts... :(