14 July, 2009

The more I sweat, the more I shine

I'm not a star.
There is no halo over my head.
Fate doesn't like the colour of my eyes.
Struggle and srtife are old friends of mine.
Who am I?
I'm survival, I'm guts, I'm pride.
I like odds.
Specially when they are stacked against me.
Because there will come a time when I'll stare them in the eye
And smile the smile of one who's pulled it off.
I'm the guy who'll have deep lines on his face some day
And it'll make me look good when I laugh
Because that is the day I'll have no fear
And taste the sweat that is sweet
And look back for the very first time and say,
I did it my way
The long hard way.

Disclaimer - The above poem was a part of the print campaign for Kawasaki Bajaj Caliber (You can read the first one here). I took permission from them to reproduce this on my blog, and all copyrights belong to them or the poet as the case may be.

This is Hashir, signing off

Over and out

4 comments:

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Nice, Hashir, thanks for sharing. Wondering how you are doing and if you are clearer now about the path you want to take - wishing you luck on your journey!
Corinne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! It is a lovely little poem :)

Hashir said...

@Corinne,
thanks for dropping by. And no, the path is still a lot hazy for me... am still trying to find it out

Hashir said...

@Choco,
yeps, it is a nice poem